There's nothing worse than not being able to transfer your embroidery pattern. Sometimes you can't see through the fabric to trace and other times the pattern is so intricate, tracing feels next to impossible!
This water-soluble sticker paper is the best solution I have found!
My love for this water-soluble sticker paper began when I started stitching embroidered photographs. I love seeing a photograph come to life in another art form. It's my favorite way to capture my most cherished memories.
You can send a sheet of this sticker paper through your printer and get your design printed right onto it! Then you just peel off the back and stick it onto your fabric!
How to Use the water-soluble sticker paper
1. Choose your pattern.
2. Print your pattern onto the water-soluble sticker paper using a draft setting. I recommend using black ink as color ink sometimes bleeds onto the fabric.
3. Peel off the release sheet and stick your pattern onto your fabric where you want your design to be. The best part is, if you happen to place your pattern in a spot you don't like, you can always peel it off and stick it in a new spot!
4. Grab an embroidery hoop and place your fabric in it. TIP: Don't pull the fabric too tight in your hoop, or the fabric will bunch when you take it out. Keep the tension of your fabric the same as the tension of the water-soluble paper.
5. Stitch your design! Keep in mind that the sticker paper is in fact sticky, so it is normal to have a sticky residue on your needle. This can seem annoying, but I assure you it will be worth it! This is the easiest way to get an intricate design onto fabric. Especially when using dark fabric!
6. When you are done, take your design out of your embroidery hoop and run the water-soluble paper under warm water for 1 - 2 minutes, or until the paper is completely dissolved.
7. Place the embroidery between two towels and press down on the embroidery to remove excess water. Then, lay flat to dry completely. If the fabric still feels stiff after drying, this means there is some sticker residue still on your fabric. Simply run the fabric under warm water again until the fabric is completely clean.
This is a video tutorial that will show you how to completely remove the Sulky Sticky Fabri-Solvy.